‘Underneath it all’
- Do not sweat for intubation without providing the appropriate conditions.
- Intubation can wait if you are able to ventilate.
- Do not stop cardiopulmonary resuscitation for intubation.
- Let’s say intubation is okay, do not over ventilate cause it will disrupt the coronary perfusion.
- If your first and second intubation attitude was fall, do not activate your ego for third attempt. King airway or laryngeal mask airway is calling you.
- Celebrate yourself if you can able to ventilate.
Neumar RW, Otto CW, Link MS, et al. Part 8: adult advanced cardiovascular life support: American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiac Care. Circulation. 2010;122(suppl 3):729-67.
Çağdaş Can, M.D, Merkezefendi State Hospital, Emergency Medicine, Manisa, Turkey